FW: Pidgin and Active Directory

Freeh Sophia freehsophia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:14:46 EDT 2011

Hello !

Thank you very much for your reply.

I wanted to use active directory because when my colleagues log on to
a computer they use a username, for e-mail another username, for web
tools another one and so on... It's a lot of different usernames and
to make easier the log in pidgin I wanted to use AD database.

We are trying to simplify authentification through all of our tools
and we want to use  our AD database to standardize and synchronise
usernames/passwords for all our tools. So when a new colleague is
employed the aim is that : I just create a new user on AD and he can
access to all tools. If the user change his windows password, it
change on all tools too , if they login to another computer, they
don't need to think about their username for other tools and I wanted
that pidgin follow the users whatever computer is used.

Another thing is I wanted to use AD because I thought that users can
make chatrooms.

Last thing: I don't want that pidgin goes outside of our network as we
use confidential datas.

Right now we use "boujour" protocol to transfer files and chat quickly
but chatroom is not possible and authentification which follow AD user
is not possible too

Thank you very much for your support.

Julien

Freeh Sophia