Ask for more information about libpurple

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Dec 6 14:03:02 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Cheng, Dawei <dawei.cheng at intel.com> wrote:
> 1.         Can libpurple.so work on Android now?

You would have to use the Android NTK and you'd have to compile
libpurple for the specific hardware in question, and you'd probably
need to build glib and/or other libraries that libpurple depends on,
but it's theoretically possible.

> 2.         Is there any project aims to porting libpurple on Android?

Nope.

> 3.         Any suggestions on using libpurple on Android?

It would take a lot of work.  I mean, for one thing you'd have to
write a native Java UI using the Android SDK.