Trouble with gchat password

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Wed Dec 14 21:16:43 EST 2011

On 12/14/2011 3:11 PM, beseriouspoker at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I recently downloaded pidgin on a new computer, but had trouble
> setting up my google chat information.  I used XMPP, domain gmail.com
> <http://gmail.com> just as I did before.  I think there may be an
> issue with the password -- maybe it is different from my normal
> gmail/gchat password?

Do you use two factor authentication (where you occasionally need to
enter a 6 digit code generated by or sent to your phone)? If not, then
it's the same password across the board for Google services.

Did you try using the built-in "Google Talk" shortcut?

--
Dave Warren, CEO
Hire A Hit Consulting Services