Pidgin crashes when I start it up.

Gordon Paaske gpaaske at liquidweb.com
Tue Dec 27 15:25:13 EST 2011

Hello,

I work in an office, and I recently moved cubes to about 50 ft away from my previous location. I got my computer back up and running, then tried using pidgin. The program doesn't even get close to starting up, it just gives me the pop up screen "Pidgin has stopped working" and says windows is working to find a fix.

I have uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled. I have uninstalled, manually gone through and deleted any instance of the program. I have used a registry cleaner such as CCleaner.

Keep in mind this has been working fine for the past 2 months or so with no issues.

I can't even submit a debug log, because this is a fresh install and I can't get into the program to begin with. It doesn't even give me a chance to click on anything once it starts up.

Hope you can help, as I need this program to do my job. My whole company of 350+ people uses this program.

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit, pidgin version is 2.10.0.

Gordon Paaske
Sales Engineer

Liquid Web, Inc.
www.Liquidweb.com