Support

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Feb 4 17:20:33 EST 2011

Ethan Blanton wrote:
> David Woolley spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> Fábio Rodrigues wrote:
>>> Hello, Pidgin is not adding Hotmail users. Is there an update to
>>> fix this error?
>>>
>> Depends on what version of Pidgin you are running!  There is no
>> known problem on 2.7.9.
>
> Actually, it's been reported a number of times here, in IRC, and in
> the bug tracker.  See, for example:
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/13298
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/13289

Ah.  If the actual error message had been given, it might have rung a
bell.  I wonder if this is the same basic problem as the buddies don't
appear online problem.

Unfortunately both tickets have sanitised the user name, and I rather
suspect it is some non-ASCII character in the username that is
triggering problem, as most reporters seem to be from non-ASCII countries.

--
David Woolley