Gtalk login problem

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jan 1 06:26:00 EST 2011

Nick W wrote:

What made me wonder whether there was a non-local DNS problem was this
message:

> (08:08:56) *jabber:* Recv (260): <stream:error><host-unknown
> xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"/><str:text
> xmlns:str="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams">Set the 'to' attribute
> of stream element to the domain part of the user's JID. Example:
> to='gmail.com <http://gmail.com>'.</str:text></stream:error>

"Host unknown" could be in the BIND sense, in which case it suggests the
server can't resolve the host either, or it could be a reference to a
local list of hosts, in which case it simply reflects the failure to use
gmail.com.

--
David Woolley