Protocol Icon Issue

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sat Jan 1 07:17:34 EST 2011

On 12/30/2010 11:53 PM, Lima Ribu wrote:
> Dear Pidgin Team,
> I used pidgin and finch since long time ago.
> In the new version, I saw there is new protocol for facebook chat using
> XMPP, it's great.
> XMPP also used do GTalk.
>
> I want to ask, when create account for GTalk or facebook, the icon look
> correct on Create Account form, but on friend list the icon change to
> XMPP icon.

The Facebook and Google Talk items in the account editor are used as
"redirects" to the XMPP protocol plugin and are not actually separate
protocols as far as Pidgin is concerned.  Selecting one will pre-fill
the account information with appropriate values for connecting, but the
end result will simply be a regular XMPP account.  There is not any way
to make Pidgin show the account differently and this is working as intended.

Kevin