get buddy list from Sametime server?

Victor Reiner Victor at keyinfo.com
Wed Jan 12 18:10:27 EST 2011

Hi,

My company uses Pidgin to access a business partner's SameTime system.  They just told me they are upgrading their infrastructure in 10 days and the user IDs will be changing. The provider says "make sure Pidgin is configured to always pull the buddy list from the server".  Apparently they will be updating the buddy lists automatically.  I don't see an option for this in the account settings.  Does Pidgin support always pulling the buddy list from the server?  If so how do I configure it?

Thanks!  -=Victor=-