Trouble enabling account after installing pidgin

Kathleen O'Connor kathleen.oconnor at villanova.edu
Mon Jan 24 11:26:50 EST 2011

We are installing Pidgin 2.79.  It appears to install fine but after we create an account and enable it the account is not really enabled. We tried several ways to enable the account but nothing ever registers.  We are running it on a Dell 6400 laptop running Windows 7 service pack 2.   We have installed libraryh3lp.dll in the pidgin plugin folder; made sure the security permissions were set for all users

Kathleen E. O'Connor
Systems Librarian
Falvey Memorial Library
Villanova University