Trouble enabling account after installing pidgin

Kathleen O'Connor kathleen.oconnor at villanova.edu
Mon Jan 24 14:04:15 EST 2011

Installing Pidgin on Windows 7

Once the software was installed, we received a window "Welcome to Pdigin" ; we clicked add and used the following configuration :

1) Protocol: Chose XMPP from the dropdown List
    Username: vu_firstname_lastname (all lowercase)
    Domain: libraryh3lp.com
2) The password is  "*********".   Check the "Remember Password" box..
3) Click Add.
4) An Accounts window opened up and we checked on the Enabled box; then hit Close.

If we go back it not Accounts window -- it tell us the user is not enabled

Kathleen E. O'Connor
Systems Librarian
Falvey Memorial Library
Villanova University