problems installing Pidging

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Jul 7 00:06:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 23:49, Roger Escobedo
<roger.escobedo at ericsson.com> wrote:
> When I try to configure Pidgin, I get a “409 conflict, registration failed”
> I’m not sure what this means im using xmpp protocol. I’ve tried to uninstall
> and reinstall, but I get the same error, can you help?

That message comes from the server.

I believe what is happening is that you're trying to register an
account (create a new account on the server) that  already exists.

You probably just need to set up the account in pidgin and use it
instead of re-registering on the server.

-D