Facebook - Pidgin unreliable ever since recent facebook chat changes.

Les Fenison les at fenison.org
Sun Jul 10 16:09:11 EDT 2011

I will do that but it may be some time before I can.   Meanwhile. I do
have more details that may give a clue.

1. It only happens with one person, who happens to be the only person I
chat with that is located on the opposite side of the planet from me.
(Cyprus)   Might have something to do with the server he is hitting and
path to get here.  (doubtful, see #3 & #4)

2. The person on the other end is using Facebook for Android.

3. I have two instances of Pidgin 2.9.0  logged in on two machines here
at one time.   One machine has ALL the chat data, while the one I am
sitting at is missing data.

4. I also have the Facebook website open monitoring the chat which is
how I knew I was missing data.