Bugs in Pidgin 2.9.0

Les Fenison les at deltatechnicalservices.com
Tue Jul 12 19:12:24 EDT 2011

I have been having many problems with Facebook XMPP over the last
several weeks.   At first I thought it was because of running Pidgin on
multiple machines all logged into the same account.    Now, I have
changed that behavior and only log in with one machine at a time.

Symptoms are...

1.  A friend will appear online and not idle, when he is NOT online at
all.   Closing pidgin and reopening causes the correct status to be
displayed.

2.  A friend will be chatting with me and obviously online while at the
same time Pidgin claims he is offline.

3.  Only 80% of the chat data comes thru.  the rest is just lost.   I
can determine this by logging in via the facebook web interface.

I have been able to duplicate all these symptoms on two different
machines both running 2.9.0

--
Follow Us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/deltatech7>
Les Fenison