Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Jul 13 13:51:50 EDT 2011

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> 2011/7/13 Göksel Albeni <goksel_albeni at hotmail.com>:
> > Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey.
>
> Is there something in Pidgin that implies that Kurdish is the official
> language of Turkey?

No, this is the usual Turkish rant.  It's this bug:

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/8413

Basically, no Turkish-speaker has bothered to translate the Windows
installer into Turkish.  Pidgin can still be *installed* in Turkish,
the installer simply cannot be run in Turkish.  Meanwhile, dozens of
Turks contact us with rude and ignorant rants about domestic Turkish
politics in which we play no part.

I look forward to seeing the court filings, I'm sure they will be
amusing.  I particularly hope that Turkey has strong frivolous lawsuit
penalties -- although I hold little hope.

Ethan