Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Jul 13 14:57:58 EDT 2011

2011/7/13 Göksel Albeni <goksel_albeni at hotmail.com>:
> You say write "Turkish" under the setup file on pidgin.im homepage.But when
> we downloaded and opened the installer we saw "Kurdi"
>
> Check this pictures.You say pidgin is Turkish but there isnt Turkis,has
> kurdi.I use now english it.
>
> http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2779/screen1wx0.png
> http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6755/screen2hd2.png

The word "Turkish" in the first image refers to the language that
could be used by Pidgin (not the installer).
The word "Kurdi" in the second image refers to the language that could
be used the Pidgin installer (not Pidgin itself).

As Ethan stated, in order for "Turkish" to be an option in the second
image a Turkish-speaker will need to translate the various language
strings used by the installer.

And I still don't see any evidence that we're implying that Kurdish is
the official language of Turkey.

--Mark