pidgin and google+

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Jul 16 22:42:14 EDT 2011

Volker Kussatz spake unto us the following wisdom:
> is possible for Google + an access of pidgin? like facebook chat.

Not exactly.  Google+ chat is somehow related to (but I don't think
exactly the same as?) Google Talk chat, which we support natively.
Not all of my Google+ circled friends show up in my Google Talk
roster, though, so I'm not sure exactly how that interaction works.

It's certainly a solution, though, you just may have to add some
Google+ users to your Google Talk roster if they do not show up.

Ethan