Question regarding a feature seen elsewhere

Sergey Kuniavsky sirejk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 17:02:22 EDT 2011

Hello.

I have shifted to use pidgin as my IM client, after using some other tools.

In one of the thingsd I have used before (specifically digsby) there is a
feature to "merge"
contacts. For example, if it is the same person on ICQ, MSN, Facebook and
Gmail Chat, I would see him only once,
and via a default choice I can select via what I chat with that person (when
multiple options are available).

I was wondering if there is a similar feature in pidgin, as it would shrink
my contact list in half, and make seeing who is available easier.

If not - I will be glad if such a feature will be available.

Thanks a lot for a good product.
Sirejk.