Pidgin downloads failing.

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 15:14:18 EDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:02:15 -0700
Elaine Miller <elaine at elainemiller.com> wrote:

> In trying to upgrade, I find that Pidgin downloads are being shunted to
> the 7zip project, and the download mysteriously is a compilable version
> of 7zip. Something's wonky in your back end, it seems.
>
> example:
> clicking the download button on
> http://pidgin.im/download/

Clicking the link for the Windows version (I use Linux, so get offered
source from the front page) gives me the correct pidgin-2.9.0.exe file

> OR
> clicking any of the files on
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.9.0/

This leads to being offered the correct files for me, although I had a
short-lived DNS lookup failure initially.

> results in
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/files/7-Zip/9.22/7z922.tar.bz2/download?_test=A
>
> Anyone else getting this issue? I couldn't find mention of it in the
> archives or bug trak.

I think this is something weird at your end, but I can't offer much
idea as to what it would be. Have you checked for any viruses or
trojans on your system or perhaps tried using a different browser to
start the download?

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde