Pidgin downloads failing.

Elaine Miller elaine at elainemiller.com
Thu Jul 21 15:28:48 EDT 2011

On 7/21/2011 12:14 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:02:15 -0700
> Elaine Miller<elaine at elainemiller.com>  wrote:
>
>> Anyone else getting this issue? I couldn't find mention of it in the
>> archives or bug trak.
>
> I think this is something weird at your end, but I can't offer much
> idea as to what it would be. Have you checked for any viruses or
> trojans on your system or perhaps tried using a different browser to
> start the download?

I had indeed tried different browsers with the same result, but now I
swapped my TCP/IP setting to ask Google's nameservers instead of my
ISP's. When I tested with the new nameservers, everything went fine. It
must be a caching issue with my ISP. Sorry for the false alarm, everyone!

regards
- Elaine