Antivirus Scan after file-transfer

Philippe VIALLE philippe.vialle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:11:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

I work on antivirus and other IT security issues. AFAIK, if your antivirus
has been correctly installed and set up, it will scan any new file that is
being written on the HDD. Thus, any file transfer would be silently scanned,
no matter if the file came from an HTTP/FTP access or IM file transfer.

I would suggest you to scan the suspicious file using
www.virustotal.comanyway, just in case of.

Still, the most important is to have an antivirus up to date, with
full-patched softwares.

HTH.

Cheers,

2011/7/28 Anonymous Remailer (austria) <mixmaster at remailer.privacy.at>

> hi,
> would be nice if you could integrate antivirus scanning option after
> after file-transfer.

Philippe Vialle