Priorities

James McGuinness james.mcguinness at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:50:32 EDT 2011

Hate to beat a dead horse, as it seems this had come up a lot. FAQ says:
*Pidgin (more specifically, libpurple) does not currently support
user-configurable priorities. We have a non-configurable priority list that
is used: *

Then I see here that a ticket from 2008 had a plugin for this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1345

The issue is 'closed' as fixed w/ plugin. The URL for this plugin is dead,
and I can't seem to find a way to modify the priority in Pidgin at all. Very
frustrating since the xmpp clients that can have terrible GUIs. Anything
available in Pidgin for this?

Have to say I'm baffled as to why this isn't configurable, seems simple
enough...

Thanks,

James