Pidgin Status

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Jun 9 22:50:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 10:11:17AM -0700, DeviL DeviL wrote:
> Description: Pidgin is set to always connect with invisible status. The problem is that when it is connected it shows to other users that I went offline even though it is the first time I connect. This situation does repeat when I set offline and after that invisible again, it shows that I went offline 2 times. I tried this on 3 computers with the same results.

How exactly is this being shown to your buddies? If you have an active
conversation with them and they do this do you see two offline
notifications for them (assuming you have the Buddy State Notification
plugin configured to show you that)? If you turn on the pidgin System Log
(the most horribly misnamed feature pidgin has) do you see multiple
offline notifications for them if they do this?

    -Etan