How do I log into 5 chat profiles at one time?

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 21 22:25:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 22:04, Michael Watts
<miketheaffiliatemanager at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  My name is Mike and I was referred to Pidgin because of this program's
> ability to be logged into numerous chat profiles at one time.
>
>  I clicked on "Accounts" in the "Buddy List" pop up window and selected my
> account. I selected "Activate ID" from the next pop up window.
>
>  I clicked the "down" arrow in the "Activate which ID?" box. All 5 Yahoo
> Messenger screen names pop up.
>
>  I want to utilize Pidgin's feature of being able to be logged into numerous
> chat profiles(in my case 5) at one time using my 5 YM screen
>  names.
>
>  When the pop up window says "Activate which ID?", If I manually click "ok"
> for each screen name will this allow me to be logged into
>  these 5 chat profiles at one time?

I don't believe that this is possible - with the yahoo protocol you
can only have one "sub-account/profile" "activated" at a time for each
yahoo account.
Similarly, you can only be in one chat room at a time for a particular
yahoo account.

This isn't a Pidgin limitation, rather is it is a limitation of the protocol.

You can, however, have multiple yahoo accounts enabled in pidgin at
the same time and use a chat room per account.

-D