Typing Notification

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Sun Mar 6 20:58:46 EST 2011

Typing notifications should certainly be working if the option is turned on.

>From a quick glance there are only two cases where it wouldn't get sent:
 - the buddy is in the local deny list.
 - the buddy doesn't report supporting that feature (I'm not sure how the reporting of this works exactly)

So double check that the buddy isn't being blocked in the privacy dialog
(though I assume it isn't since that would likely show other issues).

Unfortunately I'm not sure I see any good way of telling whether the
feature was advertised or not. I'm also not at all sure I understand the
code involved with that bit (but I'm not super familiar with oscar).

    -Etan