Pidgin 2.7.3 and KDE4 - something wrong?

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 14 13:41:31 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:39, Andersen, Jan <jandersen at informatica.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your very quick answer - but I am not quite sure what it means :-) And more important, how do I fix it? I think I have seen this "network manager" mentioned in passing, but I didn't pay much attention.
>
> /jan

NetworkManager (http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/) is an
optional dependency of Pidgin that (among other things) can be used to
detect whether or not you have network connections.

Under some conditions, it will not be able to detect if you have a
connection, in which case, you should either fix the configuration so
that NM correctly detects your connections or remove NM so it doesn't
misreport your connections.  How to do either of these things will
depend on your OS.