Importing list

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 23 21:27:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:47:23PM -0500, Samuel Huewe wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone could help me with importanting a list of names in Pidgin.
>
> We use MS Outlook and would like to select people from my contact list and do simple adds.
>
> Thanks anyone for your help,
>
> Sam

The Purple Plugin Pack has a List Handler plugin[1] which supports a certain
amount of buddy list import/export functionality.

You might be able to use that to import the list of buddies you have
(though you will need to figure out what format input file it wants and
format your list of names to match that).

    -Etan

1. https://www.guifications.org/projects/purple-plugin-pack/wiki/Listhandler