Strange Yahoo Status when using Pidgin

Chris Bellamy cbellamy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:05:01 EDT 2011

I've been using Pidgin for a couple of years for my Yahoo and Google IM
accounts, and today a coworker mentioned my status on Yahoo was showing as
"Playing Spades Online".  He is using the latest version of the Windows
Yahoo IM client.  When I logged out of Pidgin and logged in through the
Yahoo web IM client, my status went to "Available".  I've confirmed with
another Pidgin user that my status shows as "Available" to him when we are
both connected to Yahoo through our Pidgin accounts.

Thanks,
Chris Bellamy