error

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed May 11 19:02:37 EDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 15:50:25 -0700
Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 May 2011 22:06:36 +0100
> > David Woolley <forums at david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Although they promised to monitor
> >> this list and field MXit questions, in return for having official plugin
> >> status, there has been no sign of them for many months.
> >
> > So perhaps that official status should now be withdrawn given that they
> > have not stuck to their side of the bargain.
>
> That seems harsh to me.

I was only asking the question, not saying I thought that should
happen. It's not my decision after all.

>  It may be true that MXit isn't answering a
> lot of user questions on this list.

/s/a lot of/any/

for many months at least

>  But aside from Etan, Pidgin devs
> don't provide an abundance of help to users on this list, either.

No, but others often do. For MXit there *aren't* any other people who
can do it, so it's them or no one.

> While it would be nice if MXit and Pidgin devs did a better job
> helping users (with both MXit and non-MXit issues), it doesn't seem
> like a huge problem to me.  We are providing a free service, after
> all.

I was only suggesting that the packaging of MXit officially means users
come here expecting help from the devs and/or users. Clearly many of
them don't realise that MXit and Pidgin are in fact separately
developed, they think of them as a single entity.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde