Any ideas on a trick to disable pref.xml blist x/y positioning

Dean Manners deanm at ispone.com.au
Fri May 27 04:20:51 EDT 2011

This is slightly off topic, so don't flame me too hard.. I sync my .purple/
with Dropbox between a multi-monitor desktop and a laptop (windows7).  This
works brilliantly for me, except for one gripe - buddy list positioning. The
buddy list lives at a different desktop location on these two machines.  But
alas .purple/prefs.xml stores the x + y locations of the buddylist which
gets synced across - making a continual chore of resetting my preferred
buddy list position on starting Pidgin on either machine.
My first approach was to try and selectively sync (not sync) the prefs.xml
however Dropbox doesn't have such  an exclude mechanism (yet).

Anyone have ideas on trickery to stop Pidgin from storing x/y positions in
the blist pref of prefs.xml ?

Regards