Problems on xubuntu (XFCE)

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Sat Nov 5 10:04:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using Pidgin for a long time on Ubuntu (GNOME). But now I changed
GNOME to XFCE (Xubuntu) and can't normally use Pidgin:

1. Often when I send message to buddy I don't see my messages and get 100%
of CPU. After a few moments, everything returns to normal and my messages
are showing up.
2. Always when I get new message I have 100% of CPU until I read this
message. It seems that this is small icon which is drawing on buddy list in
right-top corner (because when I click on it then CPU return to normal
state), but I have this same problem even if main window is hidden so maybe
this is not only "drawing" problem.
3. I have messages in tabs but often when I get new message, new window is
opening with buddy which I am talking in first window. When this situation
occurs then Pidgin is closing after few moments
4. Often when I close last tab I get empty message window but it should
close when I close last tab.

I must always close Pidgin when I go out from my computer because CPU is
going crazy when I get new message. Should I post this bugs or can I
somehow reconfigure XFCE?

Regards

Xubuntu 11.10 64bit with XFCE 4.8 (probably GTK 2.XX)
Pidgin 2.10.0