Not working with Yahoo and cannot uninstall or exit or close

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 4 21:59:07 EDT 2011

Okay, a few things:

On 11/04/2011 06:43 PM, Jerry Wilson wrote:
> I went to Yahoo Messenger to set up an account, but the site said it now
> uses Pidgin which allegedly works with MSN, Yahoo and other messaging
> programs.

You did not go to Yahoo's web site, you clicked on an advertisement on
your search results.  We are not responsible for the condition of the
software on that site as we did not publish it there.  Our web site is
pidgin.im, so if you downloaded the software through some other site, we
cannot tell you what you got exactly.

It is neither the official Yahoo client or the official Pidgin client.

> However, it does not work with anything and I can’t uninstall
> it. My friends can’t message me from Yahoo or MSN and I can’t message
> them or anyone else.

This is too vague a problem description for us to assist you.  What
version of Pidgin do you have?  What happens when you try to message
someone?

> When I tried to Uninstall Pidgin, got error message
> that it was still running and I had to exit it first, but there is no
> damn way to exit it.

Pidgin is probably still running in your system notification area.  Try
looking for a green circle with a chat bubble and right click that icon,
then select "Quit"  At that point you should be able to uninstall
Pidgin.  However, I can't say for certain this will work since the copy
of the software you have may have been modified in ways I'm unaware of.

You might also bring up your Task Manager and try killing any processes
listed as "pidgin.exe"