Using Pidgin with Google Apps

Gary Green ggreen at lungne.org
Tue Nov 8 16:21:27 EST 2011

I've tried configuring Pidgin to use my google apps account but have
been unsuccessful.  I get an "unable to connect" error.

As stated below, I have used my Apps domain in the domain box and I've
tried my user name both without and with the @domaininfo, neither works.

I've also noticed that the type of connection keeps resetting to XMPP
even though I selected GoogleTalk...

Any ideas?

"For Google Talk, fill in the Domain field with the domain of your
Google Mail e-mail address. For most users this will be gmail.com or
googlemail.com, but Google Apps for Your Domain users will use their
domain instead."