Sametime says offline while available using Pidgin

Robert robert at robert.mcrae.name
Mon Nov 28 17:02:43 EST 2011

The Buddy list shows my name as offline, yet the drop down shows
available. Others see my status as offline.

Possibly pertinent information:
Preferences>Network>IP Address> Use auto... is checked
Preferences>Network>Ports>Enable auto... is checked
Preferences>Proxy>No Proxy, Use remote.. unchecked
Preferences>Report Idle>Based on key...
Preferences>Status to apply...Available
Modify Account>Basic>Protocol>Sametime

Sending an IM to a buddy allows conversations to be held. Sending an IM
to myself results in a response "Unable to send message: User is not online"

I would appreciate any help to resolve the status shown to Buddies.

Thank you,
Bob McRae*
*