My toolbar has disappeared and I cannot activate my accounts

Debra Obeyon shade_obeyon at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 21:05:19 EST 2011

I recently updated my Linux desktop and I had noticed that my Pidgin changed a little with it.

It used to be that I could de-activate my various accounts, using Account
==> Manage Accounts, then quit out of the application before toddling off to bed at night.  Then in the morning, I would start it up again
and a little box popped up saying, "You have no accounts active, would
you like to activate any of these three?"  I would mark the boxes and
hit the button and all was good.

Now...I don't get that box anymore.  Yesterday I found the toolbar, hidden away up at the top, finally and activated each one.  Then last night, I
deactivated them as I usually do.  Today...I cannot get that toolbar to
show up at all.  The one with Accounts, Help, etc. on it!  All I have is "Buddy List" and the Close, Reduce, Enlarge
symbols.  When I mouse over it, the three symbols disappear (as they had yesterday), but the toolbar does not show up!  All it says is "Buddy
List" and that's it!

I even removed then reinstalled Pidgin to see if that would give me back my toolbars, but it didn't work.

Help?  I can't log onto any of my chat accounts!
Debra