Skype History Merge

K C andwan0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:35:08 EST 2011

I would like to create a Pidgin Skype Chat History Merge app that helps
merge in Skype chat history. The problem in my situation (and maybe
others), is that there are duplicates, because Skype (& MSN) allows
multiple logins from different remote sources. Plus, sometimes I forget to
chat in the Pidgin window, instead I chat in the Skype window... and Skype
Pidgin plugin only logs the received messages.

So am wondering how does Pidgin seperates each chat file?
Sometimes there's multiple files for the same date.
It seems a new html log file is created on every new conversation session
(ie. closed window).
Exporting a native Skype chat history doesn't produce the conversation
session markers.
This would get complicated & messy trying to merge/sync Pidgin & native
Skype chat logs.

Probably best way is to reconstruct everything, both the Pidgin Skype logs
to make it easier to merge & detect duplicates.
Then produce the Pidgin Skype logs separated by date.

What is the best language to text parse? C++ Java Perl Python? And what
libraries...