Pidgin executable being corrupt while trying to start

Mateus mcavanholi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 04:39:21 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I'm using Pidgin for long years now and suddenly I got a very strange
problem with it.

Until yesterday it worked without any problem. But when I try to run pidgin
today, at first, didn't start. In a second try the SO give a message that it
cannot access the file or path because it may not have permission to do so.

The operating system is Windows Seven starter (in a netbook accer)
The version I was running 'til yesterday was 2.9 but to try solve this I
download the newest from the site. It gave the same error.

The print attached is the message I get when trying to run it. It is
in Italian which translate as:

> impossible to access the device, path or file specified. It is verylikely
> not have the required permissions.

(as I am not Italian I used google translate to this)

Anyway, the problem started without any reason. Just shutdown one day and
starting in the following.
--
Mateus Cavanholi