links in pidgin opening in firefox when chrome is the default browser

David Freedman davidjfreedman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 22:24:30 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I use Chrome as my default browser, but I still use Firefox for certain
things (*cough* downloadhelper *cough*). Any links that I click on in Pidgin
are opening in Firefox for some reason, and I end up having to wait for FF
to load up since I don't usually have it open... it's just kind of annoying.
This was happening before, and I upgraded to the latest version, but it's
still happening.

Any suggestions.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, using Pidgin 2.9.0 (I know that's not the latest
version, but the last time this happened I tried upgrading and that didn't
work). Um.... any other details needed?

Thanks for any help in advance!

David