File transfer with pidgin

Oliver Ehlebracht ehlebracht at tu-harburg.de
Tue Oct 25 12:12:19 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've installed an ejabberd based XMPP-server and I'm using the latest version of pidgin for testing my environment. Now I have two questions about file transfer:

1.) I've tried file transfer with or without a proxy. In both modes only one file transfer from user A to user B is possible. After transferring a file successfully to user B the menu 'Send File' is no longer available for user B. After disabling/enabling the account of user A the file transfer is possible again (for one file).

2.) By using a proxy for file transfer pidgin first tries to connect the remote client directly. After a timeout the connection is switched to my proxy server and file transfer starts. Is it possible to configure an order for file transfer connections, like 'proxy first'?

Best Regards - Oliver

--
Oliver Ehlebracht
Dipl.-Inform.