how to disable certain xmpp-capabilities (XEPs) in client

Alexander Markov dortlih at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:12:53 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

recently I've faced a problem that I need to disable PEP functionality
in my pidgin client, as I get loads of events (nick, tune, mood, avatar)
from my corporate jabber server. It generates a certain amount of
traffic that can be an issue depending on where I connect from.

I looked everywhere and didn't find an ability to influence the caps
pidgin advertises in <presence>

is there any way to disable unneeded capabilities in libpurple?

Thanks
Alexander