d-bus command for bringing up buddy list

infrabit at infrabit.net infrabit at infrabit.net
Thu Sep 15 20:35:22 EDT 2011

Switched from Kopete to Pidgin and I'm trying to set up a global shortcut to
bring up the buddy list in KDE.

When I click on the tray icon to bring up the buddy list 'dbus-monitor' shows:

   signal sender=:1.107 -> dest=(null destination) serial=8364
      path=/im/pidgin/purple/PurpleObject;
      interface=im.pidgin.purple.PurpleInterface; member=GtkblistUnhiding
      int32 0

However this doesn't work:

   dbus-send /im/pidgin/purple/PurpleObject \
   im.pidgin.purple.PurpleInterface.GtkblistUnhiding int32:0

Any advice?

--
Steve