Skype Protokoll

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Apr 14 11:21:57 EDT 2012

markus wrote:

> I would like to add a skype account to Pidgin, but can't choose the
> Skype protocol in the settings.
> How can i fix this problem?

The Skype protocol is a trade secret and I believe that the Skype API
licensing is incompatible with including Skype support in a GPL licensed
program, like Pidgin.

However, if you looked at the pidgin web site you would have found that
there is a third party plugin that, at least at some time, claimed to
support Skype API: http://code.google.com/p/skype4pidgin/

Alternatively, you could ask Microsoft to publish the Skype protocol
specification, but don't hold your breath.

Please consider using services based on more open protocols.

--
David Woolley