Windows 7 or firewall problems

Lynn McLeod lynn at marketarchitects.com
Sat Apr 14 12:42:22 EDT 2012

Hi - we are setting up pidgin with google talk on our windows XP and 7
machines. some work fine, some do not - the error is "unauthorized". we're
searched the help docs but haven't found this specific problem. we're
narrowing it down and believe the problem is either a windows 7 security
setting or maybe the virus programs with fire walls that some people have
installed. everyone has a slightly different configuration on their laptops.

can anyone point me to troubleshooting about this problem?

Tnx, Lynn