Seems to be a serious issue with Pidgin and AIM

Doe tiradefaction at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:14:28 EDT 2012

As I reported earlier, I am having problems using AIM on Pidgin, where
every time I try to send a message to someone else (after it logs on just
fine, and having no issues receiving messages) I get a message in red bold
that states "unable to send message.". I figured it might just be a bug in
the latest version, so I tried an earlier version, and I still get the same
issue! I can't be the only one getting this issue. Is there anyway I can
diagnose what's wrong and fix it?