Pidgin status glitch

Daniel Krysiak dextpol at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:04:00 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have similar problem with 2.10.6, but on XMPP. I have my own serwer
(Prosody) so I know exactly when someone is on-line or offline. There
are times, when Pidgin reacts after some time, but more often I need to
reconnect, so Pidgin would show statuses properly.

I can't say which version introduced the problem, but it's from about
month ago.

Dnia 2012-08-22, śro o godzinie 21:16 -0700, Akira Tanaka pisze:
> I use the 2.10.0 version of Pidgin and there's a certain problem
> involving one of my regular contacts. They use MSN and I use Pidgin.
> Sometimes, they appear to be online but upon sending them a message,
> Pidgin returns an error saying the message couldn't be sent because
> the user is offline. They appear to be online but the software
> sometimes fails to tell me that. I think it's frustrating that they
> are "online" but Pidgin decides to flip me the bird (see what I did
> there?) and tell me otherwise. If there's any explanation to that
> problem, please let me know.

Daniel Krysiak