Hotmail Issue

Chris cspam1924 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:06:09 EDT 2012

I am currently running Pidgin 2.10.5 (libpurple 2.10.5) on a Windows 7
Ultimate 64bit machine. On several occasions now I have logged onto my
machine to see that I've been kicked off of Pidgin due to the following
error message:

"1 account was disabled because you signed on from another location: <my
email>@hotmail.com"

I don't log into my Hotmail account from any other machines and of
course the first time I seen this I thought that my account must have
been popped, so I changed the password. Since then it has happened 3
additional times, and each time I have changed my password. Seeing as I
use KeePass to randomly generate passwords each password has been very
different from the last in addition to always being the maximum length
permitted. I also scan my machine with McAfee, Malwarebytes, and Secunia
on a weekly basis and I'm on a network that is monitored by an IDS.
Since this started I have found nothing of concern.

I did find another post where someone else brought up this same issue,
however it appears to have been dismissed as a 'hacked' account. Is
there a possibility that maybe the Hotmail accounts are simply timing
out and instead of showing that, the "you signed in from another
location" message appears instead?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Chris