Pidgin and Jabber

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 14:29:54 EDT 2012

Yes, it was a jabber.org account. However, now I seem to have another
problem with Pidgin although I tried completely uninstalling it and
reinstalling to try fixing it without success. When Pidgin starts, a little
icon appears in the notification area of my Windows Taskbar. When I
right-click it to open the program for making configuration changes, nothing
happens. I right-click and no menu appears allowing me to open the program.
If I left-click or right click the icon, nothing happens. I cannot seem to
get to the Pidgin account setup dialogue window any longer. As I said, I
uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but nothing changed. I am running
64-bit Windows 7.