finch charset issue

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Feb 27 14:27:06 EST 2012

Vegard Hammerseth spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Ah, ok. I'm going to run this on another machine through ssh and screen,
> but are currently debugging on my local machine. So the video was just a
> problem descriptor because the problem is identical on the server I will be
> using.
>
> So you were right about this not being the root of the problem, but what is?

Did you remove the system finch, install, and try again?

Did you check the ncurses linkage, as I asked?

Finch via screen + ssh has its own problems.  The first thing you need
to do is figure it out locally, then figure it out via ssh, then
figure it out in screen via ssh, in that order.

Ethan