Buddy notifications(and pounces.xml) arent saved properly

Taisto Qvist taisto.qvist at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:43:35 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

I just started using Pidgin 2.10.1 on Windows 7, 64 bit, and I am having
problems with customizing the notifications
for the buddy list.

Its not save properly! (Almost) Every time I start the program, the
contents of pounces.xml changes a little bit, and I
never know which of my configured sounds for various contacts, will be
still left in the configuration.

I tried googling on the problem, finding others with similar problems, but
that was ages ago.

I am using pidgin to connect to googletalk, msn, and facebook on two
separate systems(similar os/hw) with the
same problem.

Any one else having this problem?

TQ