Commercial use

David Balažic david.balazic at comtrade.com
Mon Jan 16 05:52:06 EST 2012

1.) I can be used and there are no licensing fees.

Pidgin is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL in short), probably version 2 (of the license, see the Pidgin sources to confirm this).

For any questions about the GPL, please refer to the official GNU GPL FAQ page, which is maintained by the authors of the license and is very thorough:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Regards,
David Balažic