Pigdin.im |AdIQuity Mobile Ads: Proposal

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Jul 4 13:28:32 EDT 2012

auto59872302 spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Apparently, obvious though it is to most of us, it hasn't sunk in with
> you, Vinay, so let me see if I can help out a bit with piercing through
> that dense skull of yours. This is NOT a group for advertising plugs. It
> is a support group for Pidgin. We prefer to avoid your spamming
> techniques for drumming up business, Vinay.
>
> Try to get a grip on what respect means and "follow up" on such
> conversations privately.  Don't hijack our list for your convenience.

Looks like it's time for another announcement on how to deal with
spam...

I already put this guy in the spam filters, he won't be making it
through again.  There's no need, in general, to reply to the list to
"deal with" spam.  If you notice a high level of leakage, let a Pidgin
developer know so we can deal with it --- but note that almost all of
the "list" spam I get doesn't actually pass through lists on its way
to my inbox.  I believe spammers put list addresses in the To/Cc, but
send the mail directly, to try to defeat spam filters.  You can
determine if a spam actually passed through the list (as this one did)
by consulting the headers.

Ethan